It may be time for a “tune-up” if you notice one or more of the conditions below when starting or driving your vehicle:
• a decrease in gas mileage
• a noticeable loss in power
• your engine running “rough” or stalling when at a stop
• engine “knocking” when accelerating or running-on after the ignition is turned off
• your “Check Engine” or “Service Engine” light remaining on after initial start-up
A standard tune-up, or spark plug replacement, done at the suggested maintenance interval will make an engine easier to start, improve fuel economy, lower emissions and restore lost power.
We recommend that you follow manufacturer’s recommendations for replacing such key components as fuel filters, PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) valves, and spark plugs when they are no longer working at maximum efficiency.
Regular maintenance of your vehicle’s fuel ignition system is the key to reliability, fuel efficiency, and effective engine performance.